Ombré isn’t a new trend–we’ve been seeing it for years, on everything from hair to nail art to lipstick. And yet, its popularity still isn’t fading! Why? Probably because ombré is so fun to create and sooo easy to DIY. Plus, there are tons of different variations to try. It’s a perfect look if you’re new to nail art–no special skills or fancy tools required.
Here’s how to nail the trend:
1. Choose three polishes that blend well together, spanning from dark to light. Not sure what to pick? You can’t go wrong with a deep, opaque color, a lighter shade of the same color, and white. We used Elise (Bombshell), Danica (Boho Glam), and Steph (Boho Glam). Prep nails as usual (make sure to use a base coat!)
2. Polish your nails with your darkest color. Allow it to dry.
3. Pour two small dollops of your medium and light colors on a smooth surface (like a piece of wax paper). The two dollops together should be about two-thirds the length of your nails. Use a toothpick or orangewood stick to swirl them together slightly so they mix in the middle, forming a gradient.
4. Dip the edge of a cosmetic sponge directly into your dollops of nail polish.
5. Align the sponge so that the lightest color is at the tip of your nail. Press the polish onto your nails with the sponge, dabbing and repeating until you achieve the desired effect (this doesn’t have to be precise!). Continue until all your nails are done.
Now, go show off that fabulous mani and get ready to say, “Thanks, I did it myself!”
P.S. We’re making it suuuper easy for you to recreate this look at home. Our Fall Into Ombre introductory beauty box is FREE when you join our Julep Beauty Box subscription. By joining you will become enrolled in our monthly service for $24.99/mo. Our subscription is fully-customizable with a new collection each month.